Your Waypoint Roadmap
First off, congratulations on your choice to dig into your fiction writing career! You ended up here for a reason. Maybe it’s because you sought us out or perhaps you were searching online and happened across us.
Either way it’s amazing that you took this step to try to understand how to make the most of your publishing and get your amazing books in the hands of readers who need them.
The best way to start with Waypoint is to understand who we are and what we do. Essentially we are two publishing professionals who were tired of seeing talented authors getting lost in the noise of publishing. We help you own your writing, take control of your career, and find the readers who need you–all while minimizing your overwhelm and streamlining the process.
Try us out
Grab our free Dreams to Goals guide, where you’ll get exercises on how to take your publishing dreams and turn them into simple and actionable writing goals.
After you have some wild dreams and solid goals, head over to the (also free) Author Traction Challenge and take back control over your publishing career. Shifting your mindset from Reactive Mode to Proactive mode has never been simpler as we guide you back to the center of your career. Your values drive you, your author promise is authentic, your readers relate to you, you are showing up only where you shine, and your style is reflective of your badass self. We’ll see you there 🙂
Ready to really dig in to your stories now that you’re in control of your dreams, goals, and brand? We have a series of workbooks designed for the DIY author. These are far more than simple worksheets, but are guides created by authors with a combined twenty-fives years of experience. You can find those guides HERE.
Get the Guidance You Need
Everyone needs the support of their community, and we believe that writing and publishing is better together. With combined experience of over two decades, and dozens of books published, we can save you time, stress, and money so you can reach your potential as a fiction author without the common mistakes and traps that capture so many of us.
Our author chats can get you centered and focused around your story, platform, or marketing. Each call is directed by what YOU need and together we identify the step you need to take based on what you’re working on, your struggles, and your life circumstances. Zero cookie-cutter, one-size nonsense.
Our coaching will be the guidance you need to finish that book, up-level your career, bust out of that marketing rut, or get the attention you need on your book. We work with traditional and indie authors and specialize in finding individual solutions to suit individual writers. Keep getting requests on your manuscript from agents but no offers yet? We can get to the heart of the story and help up your submission game. Is your new indie release not getting the readership and reviews it deserves? We can get your book looking its best inside and out and help you craft a winning marketing plan that will speak to your ideal readers.
Waypoint has big plans for the future and understands that each author is in a unique position when it comes to building and maintaining a career in fiction. The markets are ever-changing, the world is a rollercoaster, and there is a lot of work to be done.
In the meantime…
Be sure to check out our articles of heart-centered and action packed tips, tricks, and shifts to help you rock your next project, find your true people, and get your book looking the best it can.
- DIY Workbook: A+ Submission PacketReady to start querying agents and/or publishers? We got you. The A+ Submission Packet walks you through the following: Checking the Market for the viability of your novel Creating a pitch that an industry professional can’t ignore Building a query letter to capture attention Writing a synopsis that will best showcase your story Discovering a personal bio that connects you to your work How … Read More DIY Workbook: A+ Submission Packet
- DIY Workbook: Write Better Stories SeriesAllie and Jo are passionate about helping quality stories find their place the world. We created this series of workbooks to give intermediate authors a series of questions and checklists to strengthen the following: Write a Better Story Create a Better Character Construct Better Tension Build a Better Romance Write a Better Story walks you through the steps to create stories with the kind … Read More DIY Workbook: Write Better Stories Series
- DIY Workbook: Master Self EditorWant to get the most out of your edits and get your book noticed? The best way to make your book as strong as it can be is by learning how to edit your own words before your manuscript ever leaves your hands. No one knows your story the way you do, and no one can edit in a way that helps you stay … Read More DIY Workbook: Master Self Editor
- DIY Workbook: the Unforgettable NovelAn effective story pitch sells your idea to your readers if you’re an indie author, or to an agent/publisher if you’re traditionally published. It’s a way to distill the heart of your story idea into a quick, simple description that hooks your readers and leaves them wanting more. A pitch is crucial in selling your book. If an author takes the traditional route, a … Read More DIY Workbook: the Unforgettable Novel
- Listen to your inspiration or listen to the market? The Answer: BothThere’s an ages old debate that happens in writing advice circles between whether you should write what you want or write what readers want. Writing to market is bad, says one group. You should follow your inpiration and write what moves your soul. Writing to market is good, says the other. You’re going to die broke and alone if you don’t give the readers … Read More Listen to your inspiration or listen to the market? The Answer: Both
- Waypoint ServicesSometimes you need to talk it out with someone who has gone before you. If you want to write more, get an agent/publisher, attract ideal readers, and sell more books all while still enjoying your life, our customized coaching sessions are for you! Publishing isn’t a linear journey where you start as a temp and end up a CEO, it’s a complicated and twisted … Read More Waypoint Services
- Meet the TeamAllison Martin and Jolene Perry co-founded Waypoint when they were both tired of seeing authors struggle as they tried to force their story into someone else’s process, or tried to sell themselves and their books while striving for someone else’s footsteps. The POINT of Waypoint is to help authors find sustainable processes for being online, showcasing their stories, and at the heart of it … Read More Meet the Team