Your Waypoint Roadmap
First off, congratulations on your choice to dig into your fiction writing career! You ended up here with us, on this page for a reason. Maybe it’s because you sought us out or perhaps you were searching online and happened across us.
Either way it’s amazing that you took this step to try to understand how to make the most of your publishing and get your amazing books in the hands of readers who need them.
The best way to start with Waypoint is to understand who we are, what we do. Essentially we are two publishing professionals who were tired of seeing talented authors getting lost in the noise of publishing. We help you own your writing, take control of your career, and find the readers who need you–all while minimizing your overwhelm and streamlining the process.
Try us out
Grab our totally free Dreams to Goals guide, where you’ll get some really great exercises on how to take your publishing dreams and turn them into writing goals
After you have some wild dreams and solid goals, head over to the Author Traction Challenge and take back control over your publishing career in five days! Shifting your mindset from Reactive Mode to Proactive mode has never been so simple because during this five day challenge you put yourself back at the center of your career. Your values drive you, your author promise is authentic, your readers relate to you, you are showing up only where you shine, and your style is reflective of your badass self. We’ll see you there!
Ready to really dig in to your stories now that you’re in control of your dreams, goals, and brand? We’ve got a workbook that will take all the questions out what to work on next and make your WIP as amazing as you envision it. The PITCH IT TO WRITE IT guide helps you brainstorm your ideas, choose the right project, dig deep into why you should write it, and draft an awesome pitch that will keep you on track while you write.
Get the Guidance You Need
Everyone needs the support of their community and we believe that writing and publishing is better together. With a combined two decades of experience and dozens of books published we can save you time, stress, and money so you can reach your potential as a fiction author without the common mistakes and traps that befall solo authors.
Our author chats can get you centered and focused around your story, platform, or marketing. Each call is directed by what YOU need and together we identify the step you need to take based on what you’re working on, your struggles, and your life circumstances. Zero cookie-cutter, one-size nonsense.
Our coaching will be the guidance you need to finish that book, up-level your career, bust out of that marketing rut, or get the attention you need on your book. We work with traditional and indie authors and specialize in working with authors who’ve been at it for awhile and just aren’t reaching the levels they aspire to. Keep getting requests on your manuscript from agents but no offers yet? We can get to the heart of the story and help up your submission game. Is your new indie release not getting the readership and reviews it deserves? We can get your book looking its best inside and out and help you craft a winning marketing plan that will speak to your ideal readers.
Waypoint has big plans for the future and understands that each author is in a unique position when it comes to building and maintaining a career in fiction. The markets are ever-changing, the world is a rollercoaster, and there is lots of work to be done.
Keep an eye on this space for news regarding new workshops, classes, and full programs. We’ve also got some exciting scholarship news we’re hoping to reveal in the new year!
In the meantime…
Be sure to check out our weekly articles of heart-centered and action packed tips, tricks, and shifts to help you rock your next project, find your true people, and get your book looking the best it can.
- Professional Guidance to Reach your Author GoalsSometimes you need to talk it out with someone who has gone before you. If you want to write more, get an agent/publisher, attract ideal readers, and sell more books all while still enjoying your life, our customized coaching sessions are for you! Publishing isn’t a linear journey where you start as a temp and end up a CEO, it’s a complicated and twisted … Read More Professional Guidance to Reach your Author Goals
- Build your Writing Career at Your Own PaceNot everyone needs or wants a coach to help them start their writing career, or level up a career that needs a little push to get rolling again. For the DIYers and Beginners, watch this space for more affordable programs and courses that will help you build your author framework and sort out the puzzle pieces of the FOUR PILLARS OF AN AUTHOR CAREER.
- Conquer Publishing One Bit at a TimeSometimes you don’t need high level support or a proven framework to build your career. Sometimes you’re doing fine, and are happy as can be with where you’re writing and author career is going. But you know there’s always room for growth, stretching, and improvement and that’s what this space is here for. A collection of hyper specific resources on a multitude of topics … Read More Conquer Publishing One Bit at a Time
- 4S Author: SalesGet caught up on the 4S series here: 4S | Self | Story | Support | Sales Selling your books is a process that quickly gets out of control, leading to confusion, indecision, overwhelm, and then shut down. The cause is too much information, too quickly, and at the wrong time. Authors (and everyone else on the planet) are consumers of information, but consumption … Read More 4S Author: Sales
- 4S Author: SupportIf you haven’t read them get caught up here: 4S Author | Self | Story | Support | Sales It’s easy to slip into thinking your writing is just you—the author. Your readers and those dreaded gatekeepers are way over there. In essence, it’s you alone and then everyone else you are trying to reach across some great expanse, whether real or imagined. It … Read More 4S Author: Support
- 4S Author: StoryWelcome back to the next S in our 4S author career series! Get caught up: 4S author career | Self | Story | Support | Sales Story is arguably the most important part of a writing career. You can be wicked confident and have a ton of money to throw at an in depth marketing plan, but if your story isn’t compelling all the hype will quickly flop. … Read More 4S Author: Story
- 4S Author: SelfStarting with SELF is appropriate because it’s often the thing authors abandon first. We spend so much time trying to contort ourselves for agents, editors, and readers we completely forget that we’re a very important piece of our stories. If you haven’t read the Series Kickoff outlining the 4S’s, do that here. The self has two sections: your physical self and your higher self. … Read More 4S Author: Self